What our Winemaker is drinking this Spring
See Saw Chief Wine Maker Monica has put the perfect collection of wines together, to help you do just that. Please enjoy Monica’s top six wines for Spring.
- 2023 Balance Rosecco – What’s not to love about pink fizz in the Spring? This is our second release of Rosecco – a blend of Prosecco – bright green apple with lemon pith, with Pinot Noir – juicy strawberries and red cherries which jump from the glass. A must have bottle for your fridge this season.
- 17 Fulcra Chardonnay – It doesn’t matter what the season is, my friends know that I’m always happy to enjoy a Chardonnay! We are down to our last few bottles of this special release, which has been carefully cellared for the last six years for you to drink now! A delightful, complex, benchmark Chardonnay from Orange. White peach, creamed honey with lemon curd, flinty minerality and hazelnut on the palate. What are you waiting for? Treat yourself!
- 22 Invergo Marsanne – This Marsanne is just starting to hit its straps. A white variety, originating from the Northern Rhone, Marsanne is a bit of a dark horse. Very much a ‘food’ wine, it displays textual stone fruit, ripe pear and honeysuckle characters with a backbone of medium acidity. Seafood, roast chicken, and Asian style dishes all work well here.
- 22 Invergo Pinot – It wouldn’t be a list of wines to drink without containing one of our delightful Pinots. The first release of Pinot in our Invergo range, this wine contains a blend of clones from our premium Pinot blocks. Bright cherries, savoury cup mushrooms, rhubarb, and cocoa, with a complex mid palate of charred oak and dark cherry. Lots to love!
- 22 Invergo Gamay – Gamay is a gorgeous variety for Spring. Juby red fruit with some savoury complexity. If you like your reds bright, light and juicy, give Gamay a try!
- 22 Incubator Marge – My final wine recommendation for Spring is a blend of Pinot Noir and Gamay. Unfined and unfiltered, this wine displays the true nature of our organic vineyards. Dark cherry, red plum, with a hint of cassis, it can be served slightly chilled as the weather warms up. A great picnic wine.